In 1952, Mr. Ratanshi Umarshi Shah established Apollo Industrial Corporation with the objective of manufacturing Fuel Injection Tube Assemblies for stationary diesel engines.
In 1974, Mr. N. R. Shah joined the organization after completing his engineering degree from IIT (Kanpur). He strengthened the base of the existing operation and got involved in the expansion of products and services provided by the company.
The new team under Mr. N. R. Shah, introduced and developed Fuel Injection Tubes for higher horsepower diesel locomotives for Indian Railways in 1977.
Many other products were developed for the Railway Diesel Locomotives and the company started growing in rapid strides.
The product, client and management base were widened in order to promote the growth rate of the corporation.
Thus, the management decided to start working on planned growth and on a plan towards the success of the company.
The company then started working on a challenging product- Core After Cooler for YDM4 locomotives in 1991. This is an all Aluminum Plate and Fin Type of Compact Heat Exchanger and imported by Railways. The launch of this item led to the development of technology such as Aluminum Vacuum Brazing and manufacturing intricate shaped Fins.
The management had to spend heavily on Engineering man hours, consultants, material and trial for vacuum brazing process. This new technology was successfully in production in 1994.
Development of this critical item paved the way for development of similar products such as Aluminum Compact Plate Fin Type and Tube and Fin Type Heat Exchangers to be used in several industries like diesel engines, compressor, earth moving equipment, automobiles and transformers among others.
Apollo Heat Exchangers Pvt. Ltd. was formed in 1994 in order to exploit this opportunity.
The complete technology of manufacturing heat exchangers was transformed at AHEPL. AHEPL soon established its own identity with OEMS of various industries.
The group then shifted its Corporate and Marketing Office to Indo Industrial Estate at Vasai Road(East) in February 2001.